As a key member of the Systems Engineering team, the Systems Engineer works with regional account managers to drive sales of Company solutions – specifically on virtualization and cloud computing
The Systems Engineer provides technical and IT operations and process-related consultancy to accounts. The ideal candidate should possess strong knowledge of IT infrastructure ie: systems/network/storage/security. The Systems Engineer is responsible for identifying sales opportunities within accounts and identifying issues that may affect customer satisfaction or revenue attainment. Developing and maintaining relationships with key individuals within the customer accounts and becoming a trusted adviser to these individuals is a key skill required for success.
This fast pace position requires an understanding of current server change, configuration, and compliance management, application discovery, provisioning, Company virtualization and application technologies. The position also requires the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences, work effectively within a team structure as well as within an unsupervised environment, and the desire to learn and excel.
Technical Pre-Sales Support and Product Management collaboration including:
• Present Company vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical engineers
• Develops and delivers clear, concise, coordinated presentations, executive facing documentation and advice to customers on complex environments based on input from customers, Sales, Software Consulting, Professional Services, R&D, Marketing and own personal experiences
• Drive the adoption of Company solutions within strategic accounts moving current installations from departmental to enterprise
• Develop and deliver high quality Company presentations and demonstrations matching product capabilities to customer requirements
share responsibility for the account sales strategy with the Sales Representatives and broader sales team
• Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of systems management applications, industry directions, and trends
• Maintain working knowledge of competitor products and how to technically sell against them
• Assists sales in preparation of proposals, building Return On Investment / Purchase Justification documents for prospects
• Work collaboratively with Sales Reps, Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Company management products
• Maintain, grow and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key Company Partner Field Organizations
• Lead the technical pre-sales community discussions and facilitate knowledge dissemination to the Company and Partner Subject Matter Experts with regards to Company products in conjunction with systems management applications and architectures
• Evangelize the value of Company management products in systems management application architectures and deployments
• Solid experience in technology related work, including Pre-sales Engineer or customer-facing Consultant working on large scale systems management application solutions and architectures
• Preferred VCP or very deep technical expertise in virtualization products like Vsphere, HyperV or Zen. Good skills in VDI products like Company View or Citrix ZenDesktop is preferred. Good knowledge around networking, storage and Datacenter design and deployment is added advantage.
• Experience as a Sales or Support Engineer in a customer facing role
• Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
• Ability to uncover business challenges and articulate, author documentation and develop custom solutions to solve those challenges
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and personal accountability
• Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
• Proven track record of selling services as part of a solution. Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better
• Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
• Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
• Strong listening and question based selling skills
• Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management (provisioning, monitoring, or configuration management solutions), and business continuity solutions a plus
• Ability to travel as necessary
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering
At Company, your On-Target Earnings are real, not virtual. We offer a competitive base salary plus a monthly commission, which is tied directly to your team’s quota attainment. Of course, given our growth, many of our teams surpass quota and enjoy the benefits of a plan that includes commission accelerators.
Before you join, Company will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors.
Company (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in Business Infrastructure Virtualization, delivers proven virtualization solutions —from the desktop through the datacenter and to the cloud—that energize business, while saving energy. IT organizations in companies of all sizes rely on Company and its industry-leading platform, Company vSphere™, to achieve a more efficient, controlled and flexible IT environment. With 2008 revenues of $1.9 billion and more than 150,000 customers and 22,000 partners, Company delivers the world’s most trusted solutions for virtualization, a strategic initiative that consistently ranks as a top priority among CIOs. Company’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 7,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
Enterprise Account Manager
Company is seeking for enterprise account manager at our Delhi office to grow the business and manage key and named accounts across different sectors. The enterprise account manager will be responsible for selling the company’s products and services within the given set of accounts. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most dynamic and growing sales organizations anywhere today. Company’s growth over the past year is unparalleled in enterprise software.
The mission of this position is to solidify existing customer accounts and elevate Company to a more strategic partner in the customer’s business. Our solution set is viewed as a ‘platform’ within an account and changes the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a cost burden to a strategic deployment.
The enterprise account manager is an executive sales position responsible for an internal and external sales team driven to a common goal within a set number of named enterprise account in the assigned territory.
- Responsible for selling the complete Company solution, products, and services within a list of geographically focused accounts
- All encompassing position that requires the individual to move the transaction through the entire sales cycle
- Solidify existing customer accounts and elevate Company to a more strategic position within most accounts
- Must be able to sell Company solution as a 'platform’ within an account and change the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a cost burden to a strategic deployment
- Manage complex enterprise sales campaigns while managing a diverse set of partners within the same accounts
- Match the Company solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Drive Company transaction sales business in conjunction with Company’s territory inside sales, solutions engineer and channel partners
- Develop opportunities into working (real) funnel valued at 3-5 times expected revenue goals on an
ongoing (quarterly/annual) basis
- Map and maintain relationships at all levels within the complete accounts echo system – IT Heads, policy makers, consultants, advisors, partners and other key decision makers and influencers
- Work towards the long term goal of making accounts standardize on Company solutions
- 10+ years of experience in related software industry with at least 5 years in a selling role to key and named accounts
- Experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- Must have experience in selling in or around ‘platform’ sales such as Infrastructure Solutions – servers, Storage, etc
- Proven track record of success selling in a highly competitive environment
- Self starter with a high energy level
- Ability to work with all levels of individuals
- Proven track record of quota over-achievement
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Dynamic presenter with the ability to translate technical thoughts to everyday language
- Ability to articulate complex technical ideas
- Skilled in thinking strategically and tactically
- Ability to forecast accurately
Company (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. Company accelerates an organization’s transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. Organizations rely on Company, its partners and its industry-leading virtual infrastructure platform, Company vSphere, to energize their business through IT, while saving energy—financial, human and the Earth’s. With 2009 revenues of $2 billion, Company has more than 170,000 customers and 25,000 partners worldwide. Company’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 7,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
The Territory Manager will be responsible for selling the company’s products and services within the given geographical territory. The ideal candidate should possess a Bachelors Degree and should have minimum 6-8 years of industry background with at least five of those in enterprise software sales. The candidate should be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present to both technical and executive audiences.
• Primary driver for enterprise business within territory
• Solution selling to existing customer base and new prospects
• Forecasting and account/opportunity detail in Siebel
• Need to be a high-energy, motivated self-starter
• Business Development in the assigned territory
• Work closely with Marketing and Channel team for developing Business Strategies for the territory
• Minimum 6 to 8 years of experience in IT Infrastructure Sales (Servers/Storage/Networking products/solutions). Experience in Enterprise Software Sales is an added advantage
• Expertise in channel and direct sales
• Strong team lead experience, inside sales and field engineering
• Significant track record of accomplishment selling in the enterprise, client-server market
• Enterprise Accounts Selling and Account Management experience
• Background in exceeding a quota
• Strong knowledge of consultative sales that gets results
• Knowledge in selling complex systems products and solutions
• BE/MBA preferred
- The Commercial sales role is responsible for the development of defined geographical or vertical areas creating new business opportunities for COMPANY as well as expanding the current customer base in the mid market segment.
- Commercial representatives work closely with our nominated channel partners through whom all orders are placed.
- He / She must have a minimum of 10 Years of experience, managing commercial sales.
- The Volume Sales role is responsible for winning immediate new business with new customers in the SMB space and adding real value.
- He / She must have a minimum of 5 Years of experience, managing Volume sales.
- Job involves extensive field work and dedicated Sales efforts to sell COMPANY storage systems to the end users and working with partners.
- Ability to Cold Call and maintain existing account.
- Responsible for a moderate to high dollar quota/territory
- Demonstrates sustained record of sales achievement.
- Influences customers and defuses potential problems.
- Anticipates customer needs and identifies appropriate alternatives and solutions.
- Utilizes the Integrated Sales Cycle. May lead a cross functional sales team
- Maintains a complete knowledge of COMPANY products, policies, services; may have specialized training within product and/or service lines
- Has a high level of technical knowledge of SW and HW products and services and knows when to engage SE assistance
- Builds and maintains network of colleagues and customers to share information and obtain prospects.
- Direction received from others is for consultative purposes. Directs and prioritizes own work and possible work of others.
- Communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Possesses creativity.
- Customer focused.
- Aligns with appropriate sales geography to represent COMPANY Solutions (TS and Partner) to all assigned accounts.
- Uses knowledge of technology, products, processes, and consultative selling skills to assess and educate customers on role and value of tiered storage infrastructure.
- Builds in-depth knowledge of clients' technical priorities, challenges and initiatives - maps those need to core COMPANY offerings and competencies.
- Responsible for defining core implementation services (i.e. Build) necessary to support the appropriate solution(s).
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for solutions-based and services-lead sales campaigns (i.e. Plan & Manage) - leverages appropriate consultative sales, solutions, and practice resources to execute.
- Ensures effective coordination and support between account teams and supporting technical resources.
- Responsible for the coordination, delivery and quality of presales Technology Solutions deliverables within the domain of the account which may include items such as configurations, architectural diagrams, and proposal inputs.
- In support of a CSL/Sr. CSL, exercises and manages the process of forecasting solutions and services content within assigned accounts, as appropriate.
- Builds value-added relationships within the domain of the account to become the trusted technical advisor.
- Responsible to support Product and Services Booking and Revenue targets within assigned sales geography.
- May perform other duties as required. COMPANY Proven Professional Certification desired.
- Responsible for developing and proposing technology solutions, along with implementation services, that meet customers' needs - ensures that proposed solutions when implemented meet the needs and functional requirements of the customer
- Interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills.
- Understanding of COMPANY's products and their value added to the customer.
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of hardware/software subject matter.
- Possesses operational command of the business. Presentation skills.
- Partner and Field Sales Relations: (Strategy)
- Nurtures an extensive network of industry leaders, partners and prospects, focusing on the establishment and maintenance of strategic relationships. Communicates consistently, clearly and concisely to partner and other functional groups that support partner’s success. Utilizes resources as an ''offensive'' weapon to search out the opportunities and drive improvements in how COMPANY supports its partners. (Execution) Proven ability to engage cross functional resources as a key part of daily activity in order to achieve desired goals/outcomes. Nurtures and extensive network of industry leaders focusing on the establishment and maintenance of strategic relationships. Utilizes resources as an ''offensive'' weapon to search out opportunities and find improvements in how COMPANY supports its partners.
- Work planning and management (Strategy) Uses quantitative data to maintain detailed understanding and command of the business. Provides guidance and leadership in project management and strategic sales initiatives. Typically provides a business focus for multiple subordinate partner reps directly or indirectly. Empowered to act independently. Openly shares success with team. Demonstrates leadership including the willingness to spend time with peers to discuss what’s working and what’s not. Anticipates problem areas and engages appropriate resources in solutions. Sets aggressive goals and exceeds them. (Execution) Uses quantitative data to maintain detailed understanding and command of the business. Provides guidance and leadership in project management and strategic sales initiatives. Empowered to act independently. Openly shares success with team. Demonstrates leadership including the willingness to spend time with peers to discuss what’s working and what’s not.